Your Face Starts Here – Don’t Forget to Protect!
Your facial presentation begins at your open collar so don’t forget to protect the décolleté and neck! Overexposure to the sun’s dangerous ultraviolet (UV) light can lead to skin cancer and precancers like actinic keratoses (AKs). Since sun damage accumulates over time, it’s never too late to start a sun protection regimen. Many people remember to put sunscreen on their face, but forget to apply sunscreen to the décolleté area (neck and chest). Here are a few tips for prevention:
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Sunscreen is one of the keys to radiant, youthful-looking skin. Daily use may even lower your long-term risk of skin cancer.
- Exfoliate. The buildup of stratum corneum (the dead, outermost skin cell layer) can make skin appear blotchy and uneven.
- Hydrate. Summer exposure to sun, chlorine, and salt water can dry out your skin – even the heels of your feet can be affected.
- Antioxidants. A variety of antioxidants can improve the health and quality of your skin, and can even reverse some discoloration and wrinkles.
Skin Treatment Options
At Zimmet Vein & Dermatology, we offer a number of treatments that can reduce the effects of sun damage on your neck and chest including:
- Advanced Fotofacial Rejuvenation
- BLU-Light Photodynamic Therapy
- EXCEL V™
- Skin Resurfacing
- Q-Swtiched Nd:YAG
For more information on skin treatment options at Zimmet Dermatology, click here.
Skin Tightening Options
As we age, our skin begins to lose its firmness for many reasons — sun, gravity, slowing collagen production. There are things you can do! We offer effective, non-invasive skin-tightening treatments that reduce sagging and help restore your skin’s elasticity on your neck and chest.
- Venus Legacy™
For more information on skin tightening options at Zimmet Dermatology, click here.
Stay tuned for future specials!
Interested in discussing your skin treatment options? Call us today at (512) 489-7352