Contact Us | Location


New Study Shows 3DEEP RF Treatment Tightens the Skin and Increases Elastin Density

Dermatologist | Skin Care | Austin | TXENDYMED™’s innovative 3DEEP radio frequency based technology is a state of the art treatment for skin tightening, body contouring, and acne scar reduction. This non-surgical technology for fractional and non-ablative wrinkle treatment tightens the skin on both the face and the body. Dr. Steven E. Zimmet provides this safe, proven and effective anti-aging aesthetic treatment to his patients in Austin, TX and surrounding areas.

New Clinical Study

A new clinical study conducted in Japan, and published in the official journal of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, has confirmed the effectiveness of 3DEEP radio frequency technology in skin tightening and enhancing elastin density. The study, conducted by the the Clinica Tanaka Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Anti-Aging Center in Matsumoto, Japan, was designed to assess the effectiveness of ENDYMED™ PRO multi-source phase controlled RF device on skin rejuvenation and tightening in Asian-type skin.

The research team, led by Dr. Yohei Tanaka, involved in this study applied cutting edge 3D imaging and histology to quantify the improvement in skin tightening, cheek lifting, and the improvements in elastin fiber quantity in the skin. As an experienced dermatologist offering 3DEEP RF technology to his patients in Austin, TX and other areas, Dr. Zimmet closely followed the results of this study to ensure the best interests of the patients.

How the Study was Conducted

The study was performed on 10 Japanese patients, including nine women and one man, in the age group of 26 to 51 years. The RF device employed in the study was ENDYMED™ PRO, which is an FDA cleared system for non-ablative skin tightening of the face and body, fractional skin resurfacing, and micro-needle RF skin remodeling. Following the treatment of these 10 patients with this technology, the research team performed 3D imaging to evaluate the post-treatment improvements.

Significant improvement was noticed in terms of skin tightening and lifting. The treated area improved markedly in comparison to the untreated area. 80 percent of the patients experienced significant improvement, while the remaining 20 percent experienced moderate improvement. The treatment was performed without anesthesia or contact cooling, but most of the patients did not report any pain. No side effects were reported, and the patients remained comfortable throughout the treatment.

Conclusion of the Study

Dr. Tanaka and his team concluded that the ENDYMED™ 3DEEP RF treatments can help promote new elastin production in a safe and effective manner and achieve skin rejuvenation by reducing skin laxity and wrinkles. Elastin is among the key proteins of connective tissue that plays a critical role in providing elasticity to the skin. Due to aging and other factors, the skin experiences loss of elastin fibers.

The results of this study have shown an increase in the quantity of elastin fibers produced in the skin following the 3DEEP RF treatment. Apart from showing substantive reduction in wrinkles and skin laxity, the study also demonstrated that the treatment using ENDYMED™ PRO 3DEEP RF device was fairly comfortable for the patient and revealed no accompanying side effects. 3DEEP is the first FDA cleared RF technology that employs multi-phase controlled RF generators to achieve optimal outcomes in a painless manner.

If you would like to learn more about the procedures and treatments by Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. Steven Zimmet, please contact us at (512) 485-7700.

Comments are closed.

Skin Vein Skin Vein

Austin, Texas

1500 W. 34th Street
Austin, TX 78703
Skin Vein Skin Vein
Skin Vein