It is never too early to care for your skin. Young people in their 20’s can receive the benefit of professional skin care treatments that are appropriate to their age. It can help to extend the youthful appearance of the skin and fight the effects of aging, sun exposure, and other factors.
Zimmet Vein & Dermatology is a leading dermatology practice providing cutting edge procedures and technologies for people in various age groups. The practice is headed by Dr. Steven Zimmet, who provides both medical and aesthetic procedures to patients in Austin, TX and surrounding locations.
Acne is a common problem for people in their 20’s. Dr. Zimmet’s practice is equipped to provide a wide range of acne skin care options, including common topical treatments as well as advanced light therapy options. Some of the key acne treatments include:
- Topical agents such as benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, retinoids and salicyclic acid. If the condition of acne is superficial, these treatments can help.
- Cortisone injections may be used in severe cases to promote the healing of an acne cyst or nodule.
- Blu-U Blue Light therapy involves a non-invasive exposure to a unique blue light that eliminates the harmful bacteria that cause the acne. One to two weekly treatment sessions of 15 minutes each may be received for about five weeks to achieve the desired results.
Acne scars can be treated with one or more of the following advanced dermatology solutions:
- CO2 Laser fractional resurfacing is a highly effective and less invasive way to improve acne scars. The laser beam will gently remove the top layers of the skin to a precise depth to make way for renewed skin.
- FDA approved dermal filler injections such as Juvederm or Restylane may be used to plump and smooth the skin in the affected areas.
- Microdermabrasion involving the use of tiny abrasive crystals can comfortably sand away the upper skin layer, which contains bacteria and dead skin cells.
Sun damage can be treated using the following innovative and effective treatments:
- Advanced Fotofacial rejuvenation, involving pulsed light and a VariLite laser can improve sun damaged skin.
- Blu-light Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) can treat acne as well as sun spots and help the patient achieve rejuvenated skin.
- EXCEL V technique is designed to treat sun damage, vascular lesions and dark pigmented spots.
- Fractionated CO2 Laser treatment can treat sun damaged pigmentation in the face, neck, and chest.
Chemical peels are a proven and highly popular non-surgical way to achieve skin rejuvenation for people in their 20’s and beyond. The chemical peel will gently remove the dead skin cells in the uppermost layers to reveal fresh and youthful skin.
Experienced dermatologist Dr. Zimmet provides different types of peels to his patients in and around Austin, TX to suit their unique condition.