Dr. Zimmet is a world-renowned vein specialist, and is a Past-President of the American College of Phlebology, the largest medical society devoted to vein disease in the world. He is the Founding President of the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, an Officer of the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission’s Vein Center Board, and a Distinguished Fellow member of the American Venous Forum.
He was named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. When you visit Dr. Zimmet, you can feel confident that your veins are being cared for by someone with years of experience and comprehension of this field.
- Vein Treatments Overview
- Vein Evaluation
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Compression Stockings
- Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)
- Cutera® EXCEL V™™ Laser
- Sclerotherapy: Liquid & Foam
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy
- Long-pulsed Nd:YAG Laser
- Advanced Fotofacial
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Hand, Facial & Chest Veins
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Venous Ulceration
- American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, 2008 – current
- Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI), 2015 – current
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), 2007 – current
- Fellow of the American College of Phlebology, 2004
- Emeritus Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology, 2007
- American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
- Founding President, 2007-current
- Chair, Item Writer Committee, 2007-2015
- American College of Phlebology
- Accomplishments on behalf of the ACP
- President of the ACP, Founding Chairman of the ACP Foundation, Founding President of the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
- Served as President/Chairman of ACP, ACPF, and ABVLM simultaneously
- Total of 33 years on the boards of the ACP, ACPF, ABVLM, and Phlebology Journal: 15 years as President, 29 years as an Officer/Editor
- Obtained AMA recognition for Phlebology
- American College of Phlebology Foundation
- Founding Chair, 2006-2009
- American Venous Forum
- 2015: Distinguished Fellow Member
LECTURES & TRAINING
Dr. Zimmet has given over 120 presentations at dermatology, laser, and vein conferences around the world. He has also served as faculty for the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American College of Phlebology, American Venous Forum, Society for Interventional Radiology, German Society of Phlebology, French Society of Phlebology, Canadian Society of Phlebology, and Australian Society of Phlebology.
He gave keynote talks at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Australasian College of Phlebology and at the 2013 Annual National Venous Interventional Summit in India.
Steven E. Zimmet MD, RPVI, RVT, FACPh
HONORS, AWARDS, AND SPECIAL APPOINTMENTS
- Doctor’s Choice 100 Top Dermatologists 2016.
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2015-2016 and 2011-2012 (Dermatology/Phlebology).
- Distinguished Doctor- Expert Network from 2015 to 2016 and 2011 to 2012(Dermatology/Phlebology) invitation only membership (2016).
- Top Choice Award for Best Varicose Vein Clinic, Austin, Texas (2016).
- Doctor’s Choice Award for Cosmetic Dermatology, Austin (2015).
- Awarded Distinguished Fellow status by the American Venous Forum, September 2015.
- Invited Keynote Presentation—Annual Meeting of the Australasian College of Phlebology, Noosa, Australia, February 2015
- Officer (Secretary), Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) Vein Center Board of Directors, 2015.
- Excellence for Education and Training in Phlebology, awarded by the Australasian College of Phlebology (February 2015).