Ease Your Varicose Veins with Endovenous Laser Treatment
Endovenous Laser Treatment is a minimally invasive procedure that delivers pulses of laser light directly inside the vein, which causes the vein to collapse and seal shut. Laser technology has been proven safe and effective after years of use by doctors across various fields. All treatments begin with a thorough evaluation in order to determine the most appropriate treatment options.
- An ultrasound reveals which veins are the sources of bulging surface varicose veins. The veins most commonly treated are the great saphenous, small saphenous and accessory saphenous veins.
- Dr. Zimmet inserts a small laser fiber, through a small needle, into the damaged vein.
- Pulses of laser light are delivered inside the vein, which causes the vein to collapse and seal shut.
- Blood flow is much more efficient as the body automatically redirects the blood to healthier veins.
- No incisions are needed.
- After treatment, a compression bandage is applied and a stocking is placed over the bandage. We recommend wearing the bandage about three days and the stocking about one week.
- You should partake in aerobic activity, such as walking or biking, for about an hour per day for a week following the treatment.
- Avoid hot baths, heavy lifting and long travel for a week. Patients may resume any other normal daily activities.
- A follow-up appointment is often necessary to treat any surface varicose veins (through sclerotherapy, foam sclerotherapy and/or ambulatory phlebectomy).
EVLT is generally used to treat poorly functioning veins below the surface that cause bulging varicose veins in the legs. Dr. Zimmet always evaluates each patient individually to assess what the best treatment options are.
Call us today at (512) 402-6694 to set up your consultation. We will help you understand what the best treatment options are for your varicose veins.