Are You Suffering From A Vein Disease?
About 1 in 3 adult Americans have some form of leg vein disease. While this may be of a primarily cosmetic concern, many people experience significant symptoms that impact their daily quality of life. Even many physicians are unaware of the impact of leg vein disease on a person’s quality of life. Fortunately, major advances have been made in diagnosis and treatment. Minimally invasive treatment is now an effective option even for those with advanced vein disorders.
Dr. Zimmet uses a variety of state-of-the-art techniques to treat vein disorders:
- SCLEROTHERAPY – This non-surgical procedure addresses problem veins by injecting a solution into the varicose veins or spider veins to make them collapse, shrink and then disappear.
- FOAM SCLEROTHERAPY – A form of sclerotherapy used to treat varicose veins.
- ULTRASOUND-GUIDED SCLEROTHERAPY – Used to perform sclerotherapy of varicose veins below the skin surface.
- LASER & PULSED LIGHT TREATMENT – Treat facial spider veins with this light-based procedure that heats the veins. A light beam is pulsed onto the veins in order to seal them off, causing them to dissolve.
- AMBULATORY PHLEBECTOMY – This in-office procedure removes large varicose veins through tiny punctures which are so small no stitches are required.
- ENDOVENOUS LASER TREATMENT (EVLT) – An alternative to vein stripping, EVLT is an in-office procedure, done under local anesthesia without incisions, to treat varicose veins below the skin. Dr. Zimmet places a very thin laser fiber inside the vein and then delivers laser light to the vein. It is remarkably effective.
Dr. Zimmet is a world-renowned vein specialist, and is a Past-President of the American College of Phlebology, the largest medical society devoted to vein disease in the world. He is the Founding President of the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, an Officer of the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission’s Vein Center Board, and a Distinguished Fellow member of the American Venous Forum. He was named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. When you visit Dr. Zimmet, you can feel confident that your veins are being cared for by the someone with years of experience and well-known in the field.
“Dr. Zimmet’s expertise as a phlebologist puts my mind to ease. Before seeing Dr. Zimmet I went to several doctors but none matched Dr. Zimmet’s professionalism and patient care. Zimmet Vein & Dermatology is highly recommended.”
Call us today at (512) 485-7700 with any questions, and/or to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Zimmet.
FAQ – Vein Services
For patients with varicose veins — and in some with spider veins — a painless ultrasound evaluation is done to determine if there in an underlying vein in your leg that is causing what is visible on the surface. After this evaluation, Dr. Zimmet will be able to discuss the treatment options appropriate for your condition.
Dr. Zimmet has treated thousands of patients for vein issues over the last 20 years. He is a leading and internationally recognized authority in the treatment of spider and varicose veins. For more details, please review Dr. Zimmet’s background.