Wrinkles and Aging Skin
In your mid-20s, the natural aging process begins. While regeneration of new skin cells and collagen production slows down during this time, noticeably visual signs of aging may not appear until your late 30s and 40s. During these mid-life decades, many people notice fine lines discolorations.
Through your 50s and 60s, you begin to lose skin elasticity. Eyelids droop, cheeks appear hollowed, larger folds develop around the mouth and your neck, arms, thighs and hands lose firmness. Additionally, facial volume loss results in sagging skin.
Fortunately, Dr. Zimmet offers a number of procedures that can help erase the signs of aging and keep your skin feeling healthy.
Wrinkles can appear on many locations on your face and body. The most common types of wrinkles are:
- Forehead wrinkles (horizontal lines across the forehead)
- Frown lines (vertical lines between your eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet
- Lip wrinkles (above and below your lips)
- Neck wrinkles
In addition to age, sunlight, free radicals, hormonal changes, muscle use and gravity cause our skin to develop wrinkles.
- BOTOX and DYSPORT— injectable treatments that can successfully treat expression lines such as frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines.
- DERMAL FILLERS — help to fill in areas of soft tissue loss from shrinking skin cells.
- ENDYMED 3DEEP — uses radiofrequency waves to tighten skin and stimulate new collagen formation. Fractional RF can be used to improve surface fine lines.
- ULTHERAPY — uses focused ultrasound waves to lift and tighten skin and stimulate new collagen formation.
- FRACTIONAL RESURFACING — utilizes focused energy such as from a fractional CO2 laser or EndyMed 3DEEP fractional radio frequency applicator to rejuvenate the skin.
- CHEMICAL PEELS accelerated exfoliation reduces the appearance of wrinkles by revealing healthier new skin.
- MICRODERMABRASION — tiny microscopic crystals are sprayed across the skin’s surface while suction is applied. Microdermabrasion removes the layers of dead skin cells that can build up on your skin over time and can improve surface texture.
- TOPICAL TREATMENTS — treatments such as retinoids can stimulate collagen production as well as reduce splotchy pigmentation.
- THE GEN TECHNIQUE AND CARBON PEEL – using the long-mode delivery of the Tri-Beam laser, can be used alone or with a Carbon Peel for non-ablative skin rejuvenation.
All treatments should be followed by a regular at-home skin care regimen and daily application of sunscreen.
I have been going to Dr. Zimmet for the past year for Botox and just adore him. He’s so easy going, never tries to push anything on me, and is always so nice! He’s also really quick, which I appreciate because my last dermatologist took AGES to see me, and it is often very difficult to get away during the workday. And as a testament to his great work, I get compliments on my skin all the time. My sister recently got married, and tons of people came up to me at the reception to ask what my skin care regimen is, and really, it’s just Dr. Zimmet!
—Liz T., Filtered Yelp Review from a Patient
Contact Zimmet Vein & Dermatology today to set up a consultation with Dr. Zimmet and find out which treatment is right for you.