Peels and Refreshers for Smooth, Radiant Skin
With the guidance of a trained aesthetician, Zimmet Vein & Dermatology will help you choose a particular chemical peel or refresher that will reveal a smooth, rejuvenated complexion.
The SkinCeuticals Micropeel addresses enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dull texture and other signs of sun damage. The SkinCeuticals Micropeel Plus is a streamlined treatment that addresses oily, blotchy and uneven skin, while also working to prevent future breakouts. The Signature ZPeel is considered a “party polisher” that reveals tighter, brighter skin.
Each peel type takes an average of 20 to 30 minutes. Patients who book eight to twelve procedures over a one year period see optimal results.
The SkinCeutical Micropeel features three treatment steps.
- First, a gentle dermaplaning tool exfoliates the skin’s surface to remove impurities and preps the face for the chemical micropeel application.
- Next, a thin layer of a concentrated solution is applied to the skin to stimulate new collagen production.
- Finally, an aesthetician uses a unique freezing (known as cryogenic therapy) technique on the skin to reduce pore size and smooth complexion texture.
The SkinCeutical Micropeel Plus involves one treatment step. Skin is exfoliated and a micropeel solution with a salicylic acid base helps renew problematic skin. Acne, blackheads and sebum clogged under the skin’s surface are improved.
The Signature ZPeel uses a pharmaceutical grade blend of vitamins A, C and E, glycolic and hyaluronic acids, retinol-enhancing serum and gentle but highly-active enzymes, which accelerates cellular turnover. This results in skin that appears tighter, lighter and brighter.
Results will be visible immediately after treatment and there is no required downtime. Patients who book eight to twelve procedures over a one-year period see optimal results.
Your revitalized skin may appear flushed or rosy in color for a few days after the MicroPeel treatment. Some patients report skin flaking or peeling. By following post-peel care instructions, your skin will quickly heal. In the weeks after treatment, continue to practice a good skin care routine. Use gentle cleansers, moisturizes and apply sunscreen daily. Avoid facial scrubs, masks or brushes that may irritate freshly revitalized skin.
- The Skinceuticals Micropeel is recommended for women aged 25 to 69 with normal, oily, dry or combination skin.
- The Skinceuticals Micropeel Plus’s salicylic acid solution better suits teens with frequent breakouts or women with adult acne.
- Just about anyone who wants their skin to look and feel refreshed qualifies for the Signature ZPeel treatment.
If you would like to learn more about chemical peels or need to set up an appointment, contact Zimmet Vein & Dermatology today.