If you are a woman in your 20’s, it is time to take a few important skin care measures in order to continue looking marvelous at your age and beyond. To begin with, you should be aware that even women in their 20’s are susceptible to getting superficial facial wrinkles and fine lines, if you do not care for your skin.
Particularly, if you have not been using sunscreen, it is likely that you may start noticing lines around the eyes if you are a woman in your mid to late 20’s. Zimmet Vein & Dermatology is a premier practice providing innovative and advanced solutions and guidance to help you maintain spectacular looks. Led by highly experienced dermatologist Dr. Steven Zimmet, the practice provides procedures to people living in and around Austin, TX and other areas.
Tips to Enhance Youthful Skin
Your skin care regimen will the quality and flawlessness of your skin. Zimmet Vein & Dermatology recommends the following tips that will help you to retain youthful and glowing skin:
- Do not sleep in your makeup, and wash your face thoroughly before sleeping. Cosmetic products can trap free radicals from the air, resulting in skin damage, zits, and premature facial lines and wrinkles. Use a cream cleanser instead of a bar soap to keep the skin moisture.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week to remove old cells and replace them with new cells. An exfoliator that uses microbeads may be better because it is gentler on your skin.
- Many women in their 20’s will struggle with acne. If you are one of them, make an appointment with a dermatologist. Rather than using over the counter products, seek professional acne care. This will ensure that your acne scarring remains minimal.
- If you have superficial acne scars, discoloration or dark spots, consider using Retin A products (with a prescription from your dermatologist). It will even out your skin tone and brighten up the skin.
- Wear an eye cream that contains SPF 15 or higher for improved sun protection. Skin around the eyes is very delicate and lines and wrinkles will show first in this area. Therefore, you need extra care for this area even if you are only in your 20’s.
- Use superficial, glycolic acid-based chemical peels once every few weeks for skin rejuvenation and an even skin tone. To keep your skin looking dewier, you can apply a moisturizer directly after a glycolic peel.
- Make sure that your skin is moisturized every day. Choose a light daytime moisturizer with SPF followed by a heavier night time moisturizer.
- Wear sunscreen regularly to prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines on your face. Make it a daily routine, and even when it is cloudy outside, you can still protect your skin from UVA/UVB with a sunscreen.
In addition to these tips, try to refrain from smoking and limit alcohol and caffeine. Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Leading dermatologist Dr. Zimmet receives patients from Austin, TX and nearby areas for various skin care procedures.