What you put on your plate is just as important as what you put on your skin. To obtain glowing and vibrant skin, make sure you’re choosing the right foods. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is the best way to get healthy looking skin.
Here are some foods that experts say are the most important:
1. Low-fat dairy products – vitamin A is one of the most important vitamins for skin health.
2. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums – these foods are high in antioxidants which help protect skin cells from sun damage. When you prevent skin from getting sun damaged, you also prevent premature aging.
3. Salmon – salmon is filled will essential fatty acids like omega 3s that help keep cell membranes healthy.
4. Healthy oils – oils are rich in fatty acids that keep skin lubricated and give it an overall healthier look. When looking for oil, look for cold pressed, extra virgin, and expeller processed oils.
5. Whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals – all these foods contain selenium which helps keep skin cells healthy and helps fight against sun damage. Filling up on these wheat foods leaves less room for you to fill up on “white” foods that are not good for skin health.
What you put into your body is directly correlated to what you get out of it. Eating a healthy diet will not only improve the health of your skin, but will also improve the overall health of your body.