Liposonix® – 1 Treatment, 1 Hour, 1 Size Smaller™
Liposonix is a new treatment for removing stubborn fat pockets that don’t to respond to diet and exercise. The procedure works by delivering ultrasonic energy to the desired region of fat and destroying the fat cells that your body has stored.
Liposonix appointments generally last only one hour and the average patient, when treating the waistline, loses one inch of fat. The treatment is non-invasive and requires minimal recovery time. The final results are typically visible in 8 to 12 weeks, which is the time that it takes the body to naturally eliminate the dead fat cells.
The Liposonix Treatment has three basic steps:
- At an appointment with your doctor, the Liposonix device is placed over a targeted area of fat. The device emits high-intensity, ultrasonic energy to the desired region of fat and destroys the fat cells.
- The process kills the unwanted fat cells while the outer layer of skin is left untouched.
- Over 8 to 12 weeks, the dead fat cells are removed by your body through natural processes, leaving you with a slimmer waistline.
We no longer offer Coolsculpting. We feel Liposonix has the following advantages:
- Quicker treatment time
(Abdomen and love handles may take up to 5 hours with Coolsculpting, and about 1 hour with Liposonix)
- Some skin tightening in addition to fat reduction with Liposonix
- Much easier to customize treatment areas with Liposonix
- A small percentage of patients have severe pain after Coolsculpting. We have not seen that after Liposonix.
The ideal candidates for treatment are generally individuals who are already in moderately good shape and are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but are struggling with stubborn pockets of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise. Liposonix is not a weight-loss treatment and should not be thought of as an alternative to daily exercise and a balanced diet.