Are You Fighting Those Last Few Inches?
We’ve all heard before that staying in shape requires a personal commitment to exercising regularly and practicing a healthy diet every day. And while this is true, you may have found that no matter what you do, you still can’t get rid of some of those bulging areas.
Fortunately, Dr. Zimmet offers non-invasive body contouring treatments to help with stubborn and persistent fat. Treatment options offered at Zimmet Vein & Dermatology include:
- ULTRASHAPE®, is the first and only FDA-cleared, non-invasive body shaping device that uses pulsed, focused ultrasound technology to mechanically (non-thermally) and selectively destroy fat cells. This makes the entire revolutionary procedure virtually painless
- VENUS LEGACY® is a non-surgical body contouring and skin tightening treatment.
Ultrashape vs. Coolsculpting
We no longer offer Coolsculpting because of what we feel are the advantages of Ultrashape:
- Quicker treatment time (Abdomen and love handles may take up to 5 hours with Coolsculpting, and about 1 hour with Ultrashape)
- Treatment is virtually painless with Ultrashape. Some patients were not able to tolerate CoolSculpting.
- Much easier to customize treatment areas with Ultrashape
- A small percentage of patients complain of severe pain after Coolsculpting. We have not seen that after Ultrashape.
- The “Worth It” rating on realself.com was 96% for Ultrashape vs 72% for CoolSculpting (accessed site on July 19, 2015).
Dr. Zimmet has been treating dermatology patients in the Austin area for over thirty years, has received the Patient’s Choice Award each year since 2011, and was selected by his peers to be included among the Best Doctors in America 2015-2016 and 2011-2012. He has years of experience working with body contouring procedures and hand selected the Ultrashape procedure for its safety and effectiveness.
Dr. Zimmet is a consummate professional who cares deeply about his patients. He understands the concerns of his patients and will address each and every one. He takes his time and makes sure that his patients receive the best care at all times.
—Doreen L., Patient
FAQs – Fat Cells
You are born with a set number of fat cells. If you eat more calories than your body needs, your fat cells stretch to store these extra calories as triglycerides. You can gain new fat cells if the existing cells have enlarged to their maximum size.
Once created, fat cells remain in your body forever. They may shrink in size when you lose weight, but they never go away unless they are removed by liposuction.
For more information on our body contouring procedures or to set up a free body contouring consultation with Dr. Zimmet, call us today at (512) 402-6694.