Steven E. Zimmet
MD, RPVI, RVT, FACPh
Honors, Awards and Special Appointments
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2015 to 2016 and 2011 to 2012(Dermatology/Phlebology).
- Awarded Distinguished Fellow status by the American Venous Forum, September 2015.
- Invited Keynote Presentation—Annual Meeting of the Australasian College of Phlebology, Noosa, Australia, February 2015
- Officer (Secretary), Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) Vein Center Board of Directors, 2015
- Excellence for Education and Training in Phlebology, awarded by the Australasian College of Phlebology (February 2015)
- Doctor’s Choice Award in Dermatology– 2014
- Founding President, American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, 2007-current
- Editor, Phlebology: The Journal of Venous Disease, 2007-current
- Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 2007-current
- 2013 HealthTap Top Doctor Award – Top Aesthetic Medicine Specialist in Texas
- 2013 HealthTap Top Doctor Award – Most Influential Doctor in the Austin Region
- Patient’s Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Invited Keynote Presentation—Annual National Venous Interventional Summit, Goa, India, January 2013
- Scientific Committee: International Union of Phlebology World Meeting, Boston, MA, September 2013
- American Academy of Dermatology Leadership Circle (Gold Level)
- Dr. Zimmet was one of the distinguished vein care experts on a PBS Special, “Vein Health: Discoveries, New Technologies and Breakthroughs”
- Awarded the American College of Phlebology Leadership Award, bestowed upon persons “who have demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities, traits and skills and substantially made a difference in advancing the mission and vision of the ACP and the Phlebology community as a whole.”
- Named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. Voting was done by physicians nationally and internationally who also care for patients with vein disease.
- The Consumers’ Research Council of America listed Dr. Zimmet in their “Guide to America’s Top Physicians”.
- Awarded the First Place Platinum Abstract Award at the 16th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology.
- Elected as an Honorary Member of the French Society of Phlebology, November 2011
- Scientific Committee of the French Journal Phlébologie Annales-Vasculaires.
- Helped develop the technique of EndoVenous Laser Treatment (EVLT™) of varicose veins and was involved in obtaining FDA approval for this technique.
- Fellow Emeritus of the Australasian College of Phlebology.
- VENGLOS Consensus Meeting- invited expert. Charleston February 22, 24th, 2008.
- Chairman: American College of Phlebology Foundation (2006-2009)
- Forum Director: Controversies in the Management of Leg Veins: American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2007, Washington, DC.
- International Advisory Board member, World Congress of the International Union of Phlebology: Asian Chapter Meeting, June 18-20, 2007, Kyoto.
- Forum Director: Controversies in the Management of Leg Veins: American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, March 3-7, 2007, San Francisco, CA.
- Co-chair: Latest Advances in Image-Guided Venous Treatment: Symposium at 14th World Congress of the UIP, Rome, September, 2001.
- International Advisory Board, 14th World Congress of the UIP, Rome, September, 2001.
- Program Chair: 13th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology; Scottsdale, November, 1999.
- Member, Scientific Advisory Council, XII World Congress of Phlebology, London. September, 1995.
- North American Society of Phlebology Research Award for “The prevention of cutaneous necrosis following extravasation of hypertonic saline and sodium tetradecyl sulfate.” 1992.
Dr. Zimmet’s numerous honors, publications, and presentations around the world can be viewed on his Curriculum Vitae.