Steven E. Zimmet
MD, RPVI, RVT, FACPh
Dr. Steven Zimmet has been practicing dermatology in Austin, Texas for over thirty years. In 2007 he became the Founding President of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and, in 2011, he was elected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Doctors in America® Database for 2011-2012 for dermatology/phlebology (vein disease).
He has given over 120 presentations at national and international medical conferences and authored over 25 articles for internationally-recognized medical journals. Since 2007, he has served as editor for Phlebology: The Journal of Venous Disease .
“I have had the opportunity and privilege to work with Dr. Zimmet through the American College of Phlebology and the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine. Not only is he an incredibly talented, intelligent and highly-respected clinician, he is also a tremendous mentor, teacher, and a true leader in his field.”
Lisa P., Co-Director Livonia Vein Center, Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan
Dr. Zimmet graduated from the Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1978 and completed his residency in Pittsburgh in 1981. During his free time, he enjoys golf, photography, playing guitar and attending live music concerts around town. His son, Max, is a musician and recently graduated from the Berklee College of Music in performance guitar and mandolin.
DEGREE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Residency: 1978-1981 Department of Family Medicine, Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Medical School: 1974-1978 Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- Research: 1975 Research Assistant, Dept. of Nephrology, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Premedical Education: 1970-1974 Franklin and Marshall College Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Fellow of the American College of Phlebology 2004
- Emeritus Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology 2007
- American Board of Family Practice, 1981; re-certified 1988, 1994, 2000
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine 2008
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) 2007
- Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) 2015
- Excellence for Education and Training in Phlebology, awarded by the Australasian College of Phlebology (February 2015)
- Doctor’s Choice Award in Dermatology (2014)
- Selected by his peers to be included among the Best Doctors in America 2011-2012 Database. Best Doctors draws from the expertise of 46,000 renowned physicians, representing the top 5% of physicians and affiliations with the top medical institutions across the country. For 20 years, they have conducted the largest continuous peer-to-peer survey, monitoring current licensure, board certification and malpractice incidents, as well as evaluating specific expertise including special research and published work.
- Dr. Zimmet was one of the distinguished vein care experts on a PBS Special, “Vein Health: Discoveries, New Technologies and Breakthroughs.”
- Awarded the American Academy of Dermatology Leadership Circle (Gold Level).
- Named by Vein Magazine as one of the 25 most influential professionals in vein care worldwide. Voting was done by physicians nationally and internationally who also care for patients with vein disease.
- Patient’s Choice Award
Dr. Zimmet’s numerous honors, publications, and presentations around the world can be viewed on his Curriculum Vitae.
LECTURES & TRAINING
- Dr. Zimmet has given over 120 presentations at dermatology, laser and vein conferences around the world. He has also served as faculty for the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American College of Phlebology, American Venous Forum, Society for Interventional Radiology, German Society of Phlebology, French Society of Phlebology, Canadian Society of Phlebology, and Australian Society of Phlebology. He has been invited to give a keynote talk at the 2013 Annual National Venous Interventional Summit in India.
- Physicians from around the world have come to train with Dr. Zimmet in cosmetic dermatology and phlebology.
Schedule your consultation with Dr. Zimmet today. (512) 402-6694.