In the struggle to lose weight, it’s always good to come across foods that will naturally give us more energy and increase our metabolism. There’s many foods that have an incredibly high thermogenic effect, which means you literally start burning calories as you chew them. Add these to your diet, and you’re sure to start seeing results.
- Lean Meat: Protein is a main player of the thermogenic effect- you burn 30% of the calories the food has just during digestion.
- Green Tea: Four cups of green tea a day can help you shed up to eight pounds in six weeks due to EGCG, a compound found in green tea that speeds up your metabolism.
- Hot Peppers: Capsaicin, the compound found in peppers that makes them so hot, heats up your body and starts melting calories. Add these peppers to your diet raw, cooked or in powers and add them to daily meals.
- Whole Grains: When your body breaks down whole grains, you burns about twice as many calories as you would breaking down processed foods.
- Salmon: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fish like salmon leave you feeling fuller longer and promotes an efficient metabolism. The monounsaturated fats found in salmon can also help increase your metabolic rate.
While you’re on the road to weight loss, don’t forget to add these team players into your diet to naturally burn fat and increase your metabolism.